Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Headlines: The Summary... News In Brief!
1. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has banned the use Igbo Language in public functions. Okorocha gave the directive while handing over letters of recognition and staffs of office to 19 newly recognized traditional rulers in the State in Owerri on Tuesday. He directed that every monarch must only speak in Igbo at functions and in their palaces, adding that interpreters could be employed if the need arises.
2. Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has left the country to London for a brief meeting with President Buhari who's recuperating in the UK. Laolu Akande, the Senior Assistant on Media and Publicity to the acting president, disclosed the information on Twitter.
3. Dutch media is reporting that a 47-year old man was arrested for allegedly assaulting South African filmmaker Sibahle Steve Nkumbi in Amsterdam. Nkumbi was in Amsterdam with some of her colleagues to attend the opening of an exhibition by photographer Zanele Muholi.
4. Reality TV star Blac Chyna has threatened to sue Dejanel "Rarri" Carter if he releases nude photos of her online. Ferrari was the guy with Blac Chyna in explicit photos and video posted by Rob Kardashian on Instagram recently.
5. South African rap star Cassper Nyovest has expressed his admiration for Wizkid, saying he (Wizkid) is an inspiration to him. He added that he dreams of the day SA hip hop travels the world just like Wizkid is doing for Nigeria and Africa at large. Speaking via his Twitter.