Saturday, July 1, 2017
News Corner: Just The News... Picture It In Reading!
1. Dutch scientists predict that, by 2070, lifespan may increase to 125 years . In one new paper published on Wednesday in the journal Nature, Dutch scientists predict that, by 2070, our lifespan may increase to 125 years while beyond that, the sky may be the limit.
2. Olakunle Owoyale,45, who defrauded seekers of to the tune of N1.4 million has been sentenced to 5-years in jail by an Abeokuta Magistrates’ Court.
3. James Bernard Woody, who lives in Roanoke, Virginia, has been sentenced to eight-years imprisonment for beating his pregnant girlfriend who was on crutches.
4. The Oyo State Government has removed 866 technical personnel spread across the public and civil service from its payroll, as part of the ongoing staff verification exercise in the state.
5. Chairman/CEO of STANEL Group, Mr. Stanley Uzochukwu has said that all is now set for the commissioning of the STANEL OIL ultra-modern luxury mega center for official take off of business activities in Awka, Anambra State.
6. The Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Prosecution, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla has said the call by the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu and others for referendum was a wasted effort, and without sense
7. Nigeria football international and Leicester City football club forward, Ahmed Musa, is set to marry Juliet Ejue traditionally today in Ogoja local government area of Cross River State. He is currently in Juliet's village, Idum Mbube community in Ogoja, where the traditional marriage ceremony is billed to take place
8. Adele suffers vocal cords damage and for that reason she cancelled all her tours. Famous British singer, Adele, may not be going on tour again after reportedly cancelling her last two concerts in London as a result of damaged vocal cords she suffered
9. Nigerian Urban high-life singer and former Ybnl artist Adekunle Gold stuns as he sells out his first headline concert at the prestigious 02 Islington London.
10. Former Super Eagles striker, Emmanuel Emenike’s contract with Fenerbahce, has been terminated.