News Corner: Just The News... Picture It In Reading!
1. Abiara Warns Northern, Eastern Youths Against Making Inciting Statements. The General Evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church Worldwide, Dr. Samuel Abiara, has called on youths from the northern and eastern parts of the country to desist from making statements that could put the country into chaos. He said such would not do the nation any good. He said grievances should be resolved amicably, noting that Nigeria had yet to recover from the last civil war that claimed millions of lives and destroyed properties. This is not the time to raise issues that can cause chaos at all,” he said, adding, “Nigeria needs to be united and peaceful for government to function properly.
2. IGP Orders Immediate Promotion Of Policemen Who Arrested The Notorious Kidnapper Evans. The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has approved the special promotion of policemen who participated in the arrest of Lagos most wanted kidnapper, Duneme Onwuamadike otherwise known as Evans.
3. FG To Enforce N50,000 Fine For Public Smoking. The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Health, has launched a campaign to ban smoking in public places including motor parks, shopping malls and health care centres.
4. Nasarawa To Demolish More Private Radio Stations
Nasarawa State Governor, Umaru Tanko Al-Makura, has said that his administration will not hesitate to demolish any private radio station and or any other structure found to have flouted the state’s town planning laws.
The governor, who made the statement in Lafia, the capital, during the distribution of relief materials to communities across the state that were devastated by crisis, called on the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission to ensure that all stations seeking license to operate in Nasarawa must comply with statutory regulations before such is issued.
Al-Makura stated that his administration would not pay compensation to the management of a recently demolished radio station – Breeze 99.9 FM, Lafia.
He said instead the company would pay a fine to the government for violating approved land laws.
The governor said, “Nasarawa State Government will not pay any compensation as being suggested in some quarters but will rather ensure that the management of Breeze FM pays the required fine for violating laid down rules.
“You cannot have a radio station where the same place is the residence of the person, and it is used as a restaurant, business centre and a prayer house. It does not happen anywhere.
“All houses built that have not adhered to development regulations, whether they are residential apartments, factories, radio stations, they will all be affected.
“The state government has already directed development control and the Ministry of Lands to identify all homes, offices, commercial centres that do not conform or abide by regulations and give them statutory notices.
“After notices are given, their structures will definitely go down the way Breeze FM went. I am using this opportunity to call on the people of Nasarawa State to always abide by the rules and regulations.”
Reacting to the development, Executive Director of Breeze FM, Mr. Nawani Aboki, denied claims that the radio station violated town planning laws, insisting that they would not pay any sort of fine to the government.
He said, “We will not pay anything to the government, instead it is the government that would pay us compensation for infringing on our rights.”
5. I’m Nigeria’s Next President, Fayose Declares
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, yesterday in Ado-Ekiti, declared himself as the next President of Nigeria, Punch reports.
They report that, the governor boasted that he and his party have the attributes to wrest power from the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress in 2019.
Fayose said he had the penchant for taking powers from people having defeated two former governors (Niyi Adebayo and Fayemi) in governorship elections.
“I have a penchant for taking powers; that one in Buhari’s hand. I will take it. I’m going straight to that (Presidential) Villa. I’m the next President. I want to be the next President of Nigeria. My own won’t be this change that has brought nothing, we are going to represent the people well and tell them the truth.
The day to day deteriorating economy condition in the world have made it difficult for many people to raise capital for starting business ve...
Hi everyone! This is an interesting subject for all of us who are self-employed and CEOs. We are always looking out for new ways and how to ...
Every woman is a lil bit lesbian, True or false? There's something about a woman's body that attracts both men and women. A nake...
Hey sweeties, Do you know that during pregnancy the desire of sex rises for most women and the men's desire gets lower? Not becau...