News Corner: Just The News... Picture It In Reading!
1. Nigeria's President Buhari Allegedly Ordered Those That Visited Him In London For Consultation To Return To Acting President Osinbajo. President Muhammadu Buhari is reportedly turning back government officials, including Ministers, who have been trying to undermine Acting President Yemi Osinbajo. President Buhari is making the Government officials see the Acting President in high light and stop underrating him.
2. Nigeria's Acting President Osinbajo Meets With South-East Traditional Rulers. Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, this evening held a meeting with South-East Traditional Rulers at the Presidential Villa in Abuja. 18th June 2017.
The meeting was to discuss how to promote peace and protect lives and properties of all Nigerians
3. FG To Appeal Saraki’s Victory At CCT. Special Assistant to the President on Prosecutions, Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, said on Saturday that the Federal Government had finalised its decision to appeal last Wednesday’s ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal discharging and acquitting the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, of charges of false asset declaration. Obono-Obla, who vowed that no one would be allowed to get away with any act of corruption, said that the government would file a notice of appeal against Saraki’s acquittal.
4. Rainstorm Destroys 60 Buildings In Ondo. No fewer than 60 buildings worth millions of naira were destroyed by a rainstorm in the Gaga area of Oke-Aro in Akure, the Ondo State capital on Friday night.
While some of the houses were partially affected, many had their roofs completely ripped off by the rainstorm.
Also, some vehicles were trapped under felled trees as a result of the rainstorm. It was gathered that some religious buildings were also badly damaged.
Following the incident, an eyewitness told Sunday Punch that the entire community was thrown into total darkness as many electricity poles were also damaged.
As they counted their losses, residents of the area said the state government, the National Emergency Management Agency and other stakeholders should come to their aid.
Nassarawa, Delta, Ebonyi, Sokoto And Niger Have The Highest Food Inflation rate
The National Bureau of Statistics reported earlier in the week that the inflation rate for May was 16.25%. This is the lowest inflation rate since May 2015 signifying to some, that prices of goods and service might be moderating. While some might not agree, the data also throws up some interesting data about states.
Lowest inflation rate
According to the NBS data the state with the lowest inflation rate in Nigeria is Kogi State, with inflation rate as low as 5.3%. Interestingly, Benue State which is just right beside it, has an inflation rate of 13.9%. Bayelsa State was the next least state with about 11.7% inflation rate, while Imo, Abia and Lagos State are next with 13.3%, 13.7% and 13.8% respectively.
Highest Inflation rate
The data reveals Bauchi State has the highest inflation rate with a whopping 21.9% for the month of May 2017. The state was however 26th in Food Inflation at 17.42% which suggest it’s problem is not the cost of food but other items such as transportation, health, communication and other issues that you can find in core inflation.
Sokoto, Ebonyi, Nasarawa and Plateau state make up the next on the least as depicted in the chart above.
In terms of food inflation, Nasarawa State came tops as the state with the highest food inflation rate (25.19%). Interestingly war ravaged Borno State has an inflation rate of 16.20% and food inflation rate of 17.16%.
2. FG To Appeal Saraki’s Victory At CCT
Special Assistant to the President on Prosecutions, Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla, said on Saturday that the Federal Government had finalised its decision to appeal last Wednesday’s ruling of the Code of Conduct Tribunal discharging and acquitting the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, of charges of false asset declaration.
Obono-Obla, who vowed that no one would be allowed to get away with any act of corruption, said in a telephone interview with a Punch correspondent that the government would file a notice of appeal against Saraki’s acquittal by Wednesday.
The day to day deteriorating economy condition in the world have made it difficult for many people to raise capital for starting business ve...
Hi everyone! This is an interesting subject for all of us who are self-employed and CEOs. We are always looking out for new ways and how to ...
Every woman is a lil bit lesbian, True or false? There's something about a woman's body that attracts both men and women. A nake...
Hey sweeties, Do you know that during pregnancy the desire of sex rises for most women and the men's desire gets lower? Not becau...